TKB takes you to understand the precision mold
What is a precision mold
Precision molding is the process of molding silicone or plastic in a specific way. The processing process of precision molds mainly includes: blanking – roughing – drilling – finishing – polishing – typing coding – semi-finished product inspection – heat treatment – grinding inner hole – cutting keyway – Quality inspection – oil cleaning – packing – storage. The machining process of precision molds is very important. Only by linking them together can a better quality product be produced. The precision mold industry is developing rapidly and the competition is increasingly fierce. Its craftsmanship, technology and quality are constantly improving and innovating. Only high-quality service and innovation can satisfy customers’ needs and win the market.
Advantages of precision molds
1. High precision – Compared with other precision manufacturing methods, injection molding has obvious advantages in unit economics. The balance between cost and precision of injection molding manufacturing parts is one of the biggest reasons why it is a popular manufacturing method. Parts for high-precision machines can be manufactured in a relatively reliable and accurate manner.
2. High Repeatability – You will find no problem with how often parts are produced using this method and how close subsequent projects are to the first. What you want is what you get every time.
3. Fast Production – Considering the reliability of accuracy and the repeatability of the entire process, the production of parts using this method is very fast. You can easily get as many mass-produced versions as precision plastic parts like precision plastic gears. You can get them as soon as you need them.
4. Low cost – Compared to other manufacturing methods, precision injection molding is quite cheap due to process automation and minimal waste of raw materials
Versatile Materials – The choice of materials in precision plastic injection molding is actually very versatile. There are many types of polymer materials that can be used to make any type of gears, housings and frames. Highly Customized – In terms of surface finish, color, style, and more, injection molding is one of the best options for manufacturing. Customization is actually built into the molding process.
5. Reduce waste – Finally, reduce waste. With precision injection molding, you only get the size and shape of the part you want. In contrast to other reduced material manufacturing methods, the process involves no loss of material when making the desired item. Therefore, only the necessary amount of plastic or any other type of material is consumed.
The working principle of precision mold
The process of precision injection molding is very simple. Before designing and building, we first realize the design and manufacture of the 3D model of the part. After completing the mold structure, we start building the injection mold.
Step 1: Create the Mold Design
The mold design needs to be conceptualized so that potential problems and improvements can be considered ahead of time and incorporated into the mold design.
Step 2: Making the Mold
Once the mold design is complete, the construction process begins. There will be many control points and quality checks before all mold components can be successfully assembled into a normal injection mold.
Step 3: Mold Sampling
Once the mold is made, it will be sampled in tool testing to evaluate the details of the mold. Cavity balancing, gate freezing, part geometry and the mechanical capabilities of the mold itself.
Step 4: Mold Cooling
There is a saying that there is never much cooling in the mold, and there are many reasons for that. With adequate cooling, the mold will be able to operate without jamming due to overheating and thermal expansion of the steel block. Also, with adequate cavity cooling, we can reduce cycle times and deal with warpage issues commonly found in injection molded parts.
Step 5: Parts Eject
The final step is product extraction or ejection. This is usually accomplished by mechanically pushing the molded plastic product out of the injection mold cavity using a number of sleeves.
If you are interested in our products, please contact us immediately.
The advantages that the injection molding process brings to your business
In our daily life, we see all kinds of plastic products, such as billboards, electronic product casings, cosmetic casing...View details
What is a medical injection mold? Why choose medical injection mold?
In healthcare, medical injection molded products play a vital role in maintaining patient safety. That's why it's crucia...View details
How to Choose the Right Mould for Injection Plastic
When you are looking to produce products using injection plastic, you will need to find the right mould for the job. Thi...View details
Moldflow Analysis Can Save Your Injection Mold Design
One of the keys to getting quality plastic injection molded parts is precision molds—which can produce the same parts ov...View details
Plastic Shell Injection Mold for Your Project Needs
What are plastic shell molds? A plastic shell mold is a type of mold used to create plastic objects. It is made from two...View details
Why you choose Buying Large Plastic Mold Service is the Best Decision You’ll Ever Make
What to look for when buying large plastic mold service When looking for a large plastic mold service, there are a few ...View details