Auto molds, also known as automotive molds, are specialized tools used in the manufacturing of auto parts. These molds are designed to produce auto parts with precise dimensions and tolerances, ensuring that the parts fit correctly and perform as intended.
Auto molds are typically made from high-strength materials, such as steel, aluminum, or other alloys, which are selected based on the specific requirements of the part being produced. The mold is created by machining the material into the desired shape using specialized machinery and computer-aided design (CAD) software.
The mold is then used to produce the auto part by injecting molten material, such as plastic or metal, into the mold cavity. The material fills the mold, taking on its shape, and then cools and hardens, creating the final product.
Auto molds are used to manufacture a wide variety of auto parts, including engine components, suspension parts, interior and exterior body panels, and other complex shapes. The quality and precision of the auto mold is critical to the quality of the final product, making the design and manufacture of auto molds a critical part of the auto manufacturing process.
1. What info needed to get a correct mold quotation? How fast does it take to quote a project?
1)2D or 3D product drawing is needed for a mold quote;
2) If special requirement on mold steel, mold life, cavity quantity, hot runner requirement, part material, forecasted year quantity. Complete information will help to a most suitable cost effective, value added mold solution.
3) Normally take 2 working days to quote a new mold project seriously, and expedite quote is also available.
2. What’s the payment condition in TKB Mold?
1) New customer for mold: T/T 50% deposit, 50% against sample approval.
2) Mold modification: 100% upon sample approval.
3) Injection molding parts: 50% deposit, 50% before shipment.
4) VIP customer special terms: to be negotiated.
3. What’s the price terms/freight TKB mold will offer?
4. What’s lead-time for a plastic mold and injection molding processes?
5. Will TKB send DMF to customer?
Yes，TKB Mold will send DFM (design for manufacturing) analysis and even mold flow analysis prior to the start of mold construction for customer review/approval.
6. Will TKB send mold design for approval?
After DMF approval, TKB will send the mould design for approval, and TKB will not start steel-cut before getting customers written approval of mold design.
7. How many plastic samples will be free provided?
TKB normally would provide 10~20 shots first mold trial shooting samples with gate(if have) free of charge according to the size of the parts, it would be freight to collect.
8. Which side provides plastic resin for injection mold trial?
TKB can provided plastic resin, if needed customer can provide the plastic resin the same.
9. How to make sure of quality before shipment?
shipment can be arranged only after TKB QC inspection PASS, or customer QC inspection PASS, or third-party inspection PASS if required. And TKB will always be there to provide full support.
10. How will TKB keep record of all mold data.
TKB will keep record of all final approved 2D, 3D mold drawing, modifications document, and send to customer for file to avoid future confusion in case engineering change is needed.